Physics Help > Physics Tutorial Software, DVD's, Books >
3,000 Solved Problems in Physics
(Schaum's Solved Problems) (Schaum's Solved Problems Series)
Solved Problem Series
These books help readers review and master what they've learned by showing them how to solve thousands of relevant problems. Perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams, these detailed reminders of problem-solving techniques show readers the best strategies for answering even the toughest questions, including the types that appear on typical tests.
From the Back Cover
Master physics with Schaum's: the high-performance solved-problem guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams!
Students love Schaum's Solved Problem Guides because they produce results. Each year, thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable guides. Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, use this book to: Brush up before tests; Study quickly and more effectively; Learn the best strategies for solving tough problems in step-by-step detail. Review what you've learned in class by solving thousands of related problems that test your skill.
Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's Solved Problem Guides let you practice at your own pace and remind you of all the important problem-solving techniques you need to rememberÑfast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams. Inside you will find:
- 3000 solved problems with complete solutions - the largest selection of solved problems yet published on this subject;
- An index to help you quickly locate the types of problems you want to solve;
- Problems like those you'll find on your exams;
- Techniques for choosing the correct approach to problems;
- Guidance toward the quickest, most efficient solutions.
If you want top grades and thorough understanding of physics, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
- Mathematical Introduction.
- Equilibrium of Concurrent Forces.
- Kinematics in One Dimension.
- Newton's Laws of Motion.
- Motion in a Plane I.
- Motion in a Plane II.
- Work and Energy.
- Power and Simple Machines.
- Impulse and Momentum.
- Statics of Rigid Bodies;
- Rotational Motion I:
- Kinematics and Dynamics.
- Rotational Motion II:
- Kinetic Energy,
- Angular Impulse,
- Angular Momentum.
- Matter in Bulk.
- Simple Harmonic Motion.
- Temperature and Thermal Expansion.
- Heat and Calorimetry.
- Heat Transfer.
- Gas Laws and Kinetic Theory.
- The First Law of Thermodynamics.
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
- Wave Motion. Sound.
- Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields.
- Electric Potential and Capacitance.
- Simple Electric Circuits.
- The Magnetic Field.
- Magnetic Properties of Matters.
- Induced EMF: Generations and Motors.
- Electromagnetic Waves.
- Light and Optical Phenomena. Mirrors, Lenses, and Optical Instruments.
- Interference, Diffraction, and Polarization.
- Special Relativity.
- Particles of Light and Waves of Matter.
- Modern Physics: Atoms, Nuclei, Solid-State Electronics.